TDW-Live#9Joining Instructions and Event Information
Joining Instructions & Event Information – TDW-Live#9
Welcome to the joining instructions page, below you will find all event information needed to enjoy and maximise your participation in this years event. We have broken these instructions down into sections (General (all attendees), Speaker and Exhibitor). If you have any questions you should consult the FAQ section first and then contact firstname.lastname@example.org who will happily assist you.
TDW & Event App
The TDW & Event App is now available for both Android and Apple – head over to your store of choice and search “Tech Data World”
General Information (all attendees)
- Badges and Identification – please ensure that the information is correct on your badges – all badges must be worn at all times
- Mobile Phones – Please have your phone switched to silent at all times
- TDW App – there will be a TDW app available for the event – all delegates will be notified when the app is made available for download
- Car Parking – There is ample free car parking at the venue – however there will be other events taking place at the same time as TDW-Live – you should arrive early enough to secure your own parking space
- Private Vehicles – TDW does not accept any liability for the security of your vehicles or possessions
- Security – This is an open venue that will be hosting other events – please ensure you remain vigilant of those around us and report anything that is suspicious. Please wear you badges at all times.
- Dietary requirements – unless you have informed us otherwise we are assuming you are free to eat whatever the venue serves. If you have a special dietary need/requirement please inform Claire immediately
- Dress Code:
- Day 1 – Is an informal and relaxed day – please wear whatever makes you feel relaxed and comfortable!
- Day 2 & 3 – Military Uniform or Business smart(no tie necessary). Exhibitors may wear corporate branded attire
- Filming and Photography – we will be recoding ALL presentation to be made available post the event to the TDW network. We will also be taking photo’s for use on TDW blogs/marketing material and magazine articles – if you do not wish to appear in any of these please ensure you inform us each day
- Live Stream – We will be live streaming some of the conference to the TD-iQ platform so TDW subscribers may join us online – we also plan to go live to either Facebook/YouTube during breaks and time with the exhibitors
- Pie n Pint (networking evening) – unless you have registered for the networking evening and have a ticket, you will not be able to turn up at the door and enter – if you are unsure if you are registered you should contact Claire or check your booking email that was sent to you.
- All presentations should use widely supported software (PowerPoint)
- If you have not yet supplied us with your full bio, photo and presentation synopsis, please have this to us ASAP
- If you wish to use your own Laptop you should inform us as early as possible on the day of your presentation to test connections
- Copy of slides – we would like to make copies of the slides available to all delegates post the event – if this is not possible please advise us on the day so we can inform the delegates
- Connections – your laptop should have a HDMI connection for the projector
- There will be NO sound available during your presentation unless you must have it – we need to know asap if your presentation requires sound
- Set-Up and Breakdown – For those exhibitors wishing to join us on the “Innovation in Information” session on Day 1 – you are advised to set-up your booth on the Monday evening from 7PM – Claire will be available from 7-8PM to assist with any questions you may have. For those only attending Day 2 & 3 you should set-up your booth on Tuesday evening from 6PM. Breakdown is after the last session on each day. Please do not break your stand down during presentations or demonstrations of nearby stands
- Please note due to the new strict GDPR rules – there will be NO attendee list handed out this year – all exhibitors are advised to collect and gather as many contacts directly as possible. If there is an individual at the conference whom you would like to be introduced, you should speak to Claire who will arrange an introduction for you
- Insurance – All exhibitors must ensure that they have a current and valid public liability insurance policy. This is a venue requirement that all parties must be individually insured
- Electrical Goods – must all be safety (PAT) tested
- Extension Leads – The venue and TDW has limited supply of extension leads – to avoid a mass brawl we would advise to bring one with you
- Hire Equipment – TDW has very limited remaining stock available of TV/Monitors – if you need to hire one of these you must contact Claire as soon as possible – we do not bring spares with us to the show
- Security – this is an open venue which is hard to secure on an evening you are advised to secure your booth and equipment by removing temptation from passers by
- Please note if you have not yet told us who you have allocated your VIP tickets to these need to be fully confirmed 14 days before the event – after this your tickets will become void